It’s National Cheese Lover Day! We’re celebrating all week!
Happy National Cheese Lover Day!
Even San Francisco 49er fans can appreciate cheese. Celebrate all week!
January 20, 2020
If you’re into the National Football League, you probably know that the San Francisco 49ers defeated the Green Bay Packers 37-20 to advance to the 2020 Super Bowl and are set to play the Chiefs of Kansas City. Even if you’re not into sports, we know you can appreciate this cheesy recipe!
San Francisco Italian Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
This tasty recipe is going to be a hit at any Super Bowl party! It only takes about 10 minutes to prepare the ingredients and 20 minutes to cook. You get about 4 sammies but you can double the recipe to get more.
Here’s what to get:
- 8 slices of sandwich bread (we like sourdough)
- 8 slices of provolone cheese
- 4 ounces of Genoa salami
- 4 ounces prosciutto
- 2 ounces of pepperoni
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons butter
Make the sandwiches:
- Place a slice of provolone on a piece of bread
- Layer salami, prosciutto, and pepperoni
- Distribute the meat evenly on each sandwich
- Preheat a large skillet on medium to low heat
- When warm, add ½ tablespoon butter per sandwich
- On my skillet, I can cook two at a time
- When the butter is melted, add the sandwiches
- Coat each sandwich with the melted butter
- Flip to coat each side
- Cook each for about 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown
- Repeat the cooking process for the remaining sandwiches
- We like to garnish the sandwiches with chips and kosher pickles!
Need Cutting Boards? Ours are totally customizable. Add an image to complete your kitchen decor.
Besides handing out yummy recipes, we also sell customized products such as these cool tempered glass cutting boards for all your cheese cutting needs. Use Promo Code Cutting15 to get 15% off our cutting boards.